Agency for Payments in Agriculture, Fisheries and Rural Development (APPRRR)
The Agency for Payments in Agriculture, Fisheries and Rural Development is a public body responsible for the operational implementation of direct support measures, rural development measures, maritime and fisheries measures (in the part of delegated functions) and joint market organization measures, as well as maintaining registers and registers and maintaining and the use of an Integrated Administration and Control System (IACS) through which direct payments to farmers are received, processed and controlled.
In coordination with the Ministry of Agriculture, it implements the measures of the Common Agricultural Policy and the Common Fisheries Policy, which are financed from the national budget of the Republic of Croatia and the budget of the European Union. This means that the Paying Agency is part of the management and control system of the following funds:
- Of the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund (EAGF), which finances direct support measures and measures of the common market organization
- Of the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD), from which rural development measures are funded
- The European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EFPR), which finances maritime and fisheries measures.
The Paying Agency shall base its work on the accredited processes and procedures of the European Commission in accordance with the Regulations and the pre-determined criteria applicable to the implementation of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) and the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP).
The Agency manages the following registers and databases:
- Farmers Register with 165,712 registered farmers
- ARKOD - system for digital identification of land parcels; and supporting registers (vineyard register, register of primary food producers, register of entities in organic production),
- ISAP - centralized electronic database (for simultaneous data entry from all 26 APPRRR locations in the Republic of Croatia) and
- AGRONET - a secure online application through which farmers view their farm information and in which they electronically fill in aid applications.
It operates through a central office in Zagreb and 21 branches and 4 branch offices.
The work of the Paying Agency is supervised by a Governing Board appointed by the Government of the Republic of Croatia, chaired by the Minister of Agriculture. Other members are one representative of the Ministry of Agriculture, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Regional Development and EU Funds, and a representative of the Paying Agency Workers Council. The work of the Paying Agency is also overseen by other bodies, both the Republic of Croatia and the EU, with a view to ensuring an effective management and control system.See more