Akeso Associates is a Seattle based company specializing in global public health and development in low income countries. The company is dedicated to setting the highest standards in global health and development for professionalism, expertise, innovation and development of sustainable solutions that will improve the lives of the poor. The firm has extensive experience in:
HIV/AIDS | TB | malaria | neglected tropical diseases | vaccine preventable diseases | maternal and child health | immunizations | supply chain management | human resource development | health systems strengthening | monitoring and evaluation | epidemiology and surveillance | leadership development | public health capacity building | program management.
Akeso uses scientific evidence and practical business approaches to ensure sustainable impact and fiscal responsibility for all clients they serve.
They provide their clients with:
- Technical expertise that may not exist in-house.
- Multidisciplinary teams of consultants to complete assessment, evaluation and planning projects.
- Rapid response and completion of high-quality deliverables to meet urgent deadlines.
- Cost-efficient approaches for short-term assistance without adding to ongoing payroll burdens.
- A mechanism to engage individuals quickly and on a temporary basis when needed to facilitate rapid program scale up or emergency response.
Akeso’s Senior Partners carefully screen potential consultants before adding them to their roster. All of their consultants have advanced degrees and their areas of work and expertise cover a wide variety of fields. Akeso’s Senior Partners match consultants to the needs of clients, and to the extent possible aim to place local consultants, reducing the cost to the client. Senior Partners supervise the work of consultants throughout the contract agreement, and ensure that Akeso’s work is of the highest quality.
They are structured in such a way that they can respond quickly to their client’s needs. They can often have a team in the field in less than two weeks, and their in-country consultants can respond quickly and with confidence using their local knowledge and experience.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Strategic Information
- Operations Research and Implementation Science
- Epidemiology and Surveillance
- Program Design and Development
- Strategic Planning
- Health Information System Development
- Management and Leadership Strengthening
- Public Policy Development and Research
- Training Design, Development and Implementation
- Human Resource Capacity Assessment and Development
- Health Promotion/Behavior Change Communication
- Health Systems Strengthening and Capacity Building
- Partnership Development and Management
- Resource Mobilization and Private Sector Mobilization