Registered in 1988 in Mauritius Island, APSA International has served the nation in the health sector, bringing aid and assistance to more than 100 000 people. APSA stands for “Association pour la Promotion de la Santé” which is “Association for the Promotion of Health”. Today, APSA International is also present in neighboring countries offering the experience it has acquired over the years.
APSA stands for “Association pour la Promotion de la SAnté” which is “Association for the Promotion of Health”. The Association was officially registered in 1988 (Reg No. 2891) under the name AVAH (Association Volontaires d’Aide aux Hopitaux – Voluntary Help in Hospitals Association). The name was later changed to APSA International in 1991. The NEF (National Empowerment Foundation) certifies that APSA has been approved as an association forming part of the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) program.
- To provide for early detection of diabetes and pre-diabetes state
- To promote a global approach to diabetes care in order to improve quality of life and prevent avoidable, associated, complications.
- To contribute to the activities of the ‘non-communicable diseases department’ of the Ministry of Health in Mauritius in the implementation of its “National Services Framework For Diabetes”.
- To help the optimum number of people at risk of developing diabetes and/or the associated complications, using an ethical and professional approach.
- To bring excellence in diabetes care and management to everyone, regardless of their financial status, creed or social background.
- To promote a participative approach through collaboration with the local community.
- To co-operate with trustworthy partners who have clearly defined responsibilities, and share the same vision.
- To work as a team in association with: NGOs and international institutions, Technical partners and local institutions, International stakeholders.
Where is APSA International