The Assistance Coordination Unit (ACU) is a national Syrian non-government, non-political, non-profit institution focused on maximizing the impact of assistance delivered to the Syrian people by coordinating the efforts of donors, implementing agencies, and community representatives.
Since its inception, the ACU has worked to facilitate and direct the delivery of urgent humanitarian supplies, including medicine and food, to towns and cities across Syria.
The ACU works with local councils and local aid groups, international donors and aid agencies, and international and local NGOs to identify areas of need and link donors with actors on the ground. The ACU has also played an important role in highlighting Syria’s urgent humanitarian needs, producing professional and high-quality technical assessments for humanitarian and relief needs.
Scope Of Work:
- Information Management
- Project Coordination
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Capacity Building
They work for a decent life for all Syrians by managing and coordinating information and support.
To be the leading institution for planning and supporting decision-making for humanitarian assistance and sustainable development of Syria.
- Mapping the humanitarian needs and ensuring stability in Syria.
- Coordination with all humanitarian and stabilization actors to achieve the response plan with better impact.
- Mobilization and the advocacy of humanitarian issues at the local, regional and international level.
- Increasing resilience and supporting sustainable development.
- Promote reliance on local resources, provide support in emergency situations and boost the early recovery of communities.
Where is Assistance Coordination Unit (ACU)