Australian Futures Project Limited
The Australian Futures Project finds, tests, and rolls out improvements to Australia’s decision-making system.
They are about making long-termism easier in Australia.
They are multi-sector, non-profit, and non-partisan. They engage broadly and work collaboratively.
They magnify their insight, reach, and impact by drawing on contributions from their partners and an extensive network of leaders and thinkers across Australia and overseas.
They are implementing concrete initiatives to make progress towards their vision of a flourishing shared future for Australia.
Imagine an Australia where decisions with positive long-term impact were easier to make – and successfully implemented.
There is widespread agreement on what Australia needs to do to prosper in the coming decade.
- Address the impacts of the mining boom and multi-speed economy
- Reform the tax base to take account of the changing population, economy and underfunded retirement
- Take practical steps to reduce income and social inequality across Australia, especially between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians, and between men and women
- Unleash the next wave of productivity gains
- Rein in the growing ecological footprint, balancing current wants with future needs
- Plan and start building the public transport, railways, ports, and other infrastructure they need to make communities more liveable and to take advantage of the Asian century