Public Foundation "Bio-Muras" is a non-profit non-governmental organization founded in 2008. The name of the organization in Russian can be translated "Living Heritage"
- conservation and sustainable use of agrobiodiversity;
- study and dissemination of traditional knowledge;
- development of the potential of local communities;
- development, publication and dissemination of scientific and educational publications.
The goal of the project is to support local farmers in preserving the biocultural heritage, in particular, reviving local varieties of vegetable crops and apricots adapted to natural and climatic conditions. Development and strengthening of the established network of local farmers for the production and exchange of seeds of local varieties of priority crops.
- Strengthening the network of farmers for the production and exchange of seeds and planting stock of local varieties of priority crops;
- capacity building and expansion of partnership of local communities.
- preservation and distribution of local varieties adapted to natural and climatic conditions of priority agricultural crops.
Where is Bio-Muras