Bruno Remoue & Associats (BR&A)
THEIR SHARED PASSION: SUSTAINABLE MOBILITY IN TOMORROW’S TOWN
As Architects and town planners specialized and dedicated for more than 25 years to the concerns of urban mobility in tomorrow’s city. They are constantly updating their know-how in this field, depending on the needs and challenges of each project.
Challenges in urban mobility include:
- To improve the urban frame of more complex and longer voyages,
- Ensuring that the intermodality and accessibility work in a practical way for the local population (operating, correct hierarchy, marking out...),
- Integrating the need for urban quality of life in projects (services, comfort, “slow”...),
- Balancing the need for efficiency and comfort,
- Integrate and improve transport modes and operating forms,
- Developing solutions to complex problems (low cost solutions, phasing, pooling of needs…).
A GROUND APPROACH: A DISCIPLINE BASED ON TRANSVERSALITY
Their strategy relies on exchanges between BR&A and other interested parties (developer of the project, their partners, public bodies...) to develop credible and realistic projects acceptable to all involved.
This transversality arises from interaction between mobility and other components which model the territory at the service of urban project (development, town planning...), resulting in:
- Public space as location of superposition, polarization of various technicalities linked to life and transport modes.
- Dedicated areas for pedestrians, bikes, bus/coaches/trains and managed spaces for cars to allow safe and peaceful public space in towns of today and tomorrow.
- Town bypasses, urban design, accessibility, consumption of space, share of the driveways, co-occupation of various users on this space.
- Culture of public dialogue based on the user being proactive in urban design in addition to transparency of studies and quality of information.
According to the nature of the projects, BR&A is the first point of contact with a multidisciplinary team, (contractor, expert-adviser, assistant to contractor).
Image and symbolism is not their goal. Their satisfaction is dependent on the satisfaction of their clients and their end users. This is why their work conforms to AEU standards and quality procedures (ISO-9001).
A SOLID EXPERIENCE: 25 YEARS IN STRATEGIC PROJECTS
Their experience includes more than 200 references in 15 countries, in areas as town planning, operational studies and realization of projects.
These projects are strategic, of various scales and always include three interactive dimensions:
- A functional dimension: which put the pedestrian accessibility at the heart of the project, the hierarchy of modes, an intermodal vision and the relative constraint of motorized traffic.
- A special dimension: which takes account physical restraints of the local area, the projects and actions are localized and take into account the geography of the land, various issues…
- An organizational dimension: taking account of new urban behaviors, new modes of conceiving, operating and exploiting the urban projects and town infrastructures.
THEIR AREAS OF EXCELLENCE: THE URBAN PROJECT IN THE SERVICE OF SUSTAINABLE MOBILITY
- Urban Insertion of Mass Transit Systems
- Interchange Stations Integrating Whole Modes
- Urban Renewal Around Train Stations
- Urban Planning
- Dissemination amd Exchange of Ideas