The Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) Foundation was established in 1996 with the purpose to carry out economic policy analysis and provide consulting services in the development of economic policy. The idea of its establishing belonged to the Russian Federation Government and was carried out with the World Bank’s support in the form of the loan. Later the Foundation became a Project Implementation Unit – an entity coordinating implementation of various projects financed jointly by the World Bank loans’ proceeds and Federal Budget.
Academy of the National Economy under the Government of the Russian Federation (RF Government) and the State-University-Higher School of Economics acted as Founders of the Foundation.
Board of Directors and Executive Office are the governance bodies of the Foundation.
Presently the Board of Directors is chaired by D. Sci. (Ec), professor Alexander Shokhin, President of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs. Executive Office is headed by D. Sci. (Ec), professor Andrey Shastitko.
The Academic Council is a permanent professional advisory body of the Foundation. The Council is chaired by professor Victor Danilov-Danilyan. Among members of the Academic Council there are leading Russian and foreign experts in the field of economic policy.
The main fields of the Foundation current activities are as follows:
· Information and consulting assistance to the Russian and foreign legal entities and individuals, federal executive authorities as well as local authorities in the field of economic policy analysis and development of recommendations to facilitate sustainable economic growth;
· Economic policy research in the fields of competition and industrial policy; economic reforms including deregulation and debureacratization of the national economy; technical regulation reform; private financial sector development; social policy; budget, taxation and financial policy; development of foreign economic relations;
· Consulting services in the field of procurement activities in conformity with the rules and procedures of the international financial organizations (IBRD, EBRD, etc.);
· Development and maintenance of information and statistical databases;
· Participation in preparation and implementation of international projects and programs, aimed at creating conditions for social and economic development of the Russian Federation;
· Conducting conferences, workshops and other scientific public events.
By now the Foundation has gathered a valuable experience
in conducting of research projects, as well as in preparation and implementation of large and complex projects, partly financed by the international financial organizations.