Center for Experimental and Applied Endocrinology (CENEXA)
The Center for Experimental and Applied Endocrinology (CENEXA) was created on September 27, 1977 by agreement between the National Council of Scientific and Technical Research and the National University of La Plata, who appointed Dr. Juan José Gagliardino as Director.
Its creation was based on the convenience of promoting the development of endocrinology in the area of the University and local organizations, facilitating the training and improvement of researchers in this discipline and offering specific assistance to provincial and national public and provincial educational entities in the area of concern.
- To develop scientific research in the field of endocrinological physiology and physiopathology, as well as in related disciplines (basic and with clinical extrapolation).
- To train undergraduate students, offering institutional capacities for the management and development of final thesis plans to achieve different degrees.
- Form, through scholarships (different categories), PhD students from different Study Houses / Universities, with the aim of achieving the maximum academic degrees offered by them (Doctoral theses, Master's Theses).
- Train, perfect and promote the promotion of young researchers.
- Promote the development of studies and conduct research in the field of their specialties.
- Prepare and execute programs and plans for the study of the problems of their specialties directly or in collaboration with other institutions.
- Provide collaboration that may be required by other qualified institutions, interested in research or knowledge of the problems related to the specific purposes of CENEXA, through their advice, provided that this does not interfere with the execution of CENEXA's own work programs.
- Organize and cooperate in the realization of Seminars and Special Courses in the subjects of their competence.
- Maintain a library of the appropriate specialty for the purposes of the EU and the whole community.
- Maintain relations with the institutions of the country dedicated to the study or investigation of problems related to the disciplines inherent to CENEXA, as well as to similar foreign organizations and international institutions that deal with the development of these disciplines.
- Disseminate the results of activity by the means and procedures that it deems appropriate.
- Practice / offer pre and post-graduate teaching activity.See more