Chaithanya Sight Foundation was started in July 1997 as a Charitable Trust mainly to cater community ophthalmic services to the poor and the needy especially in rural areas. As a matter of fact, it was an offshoot of Chaithanya Eye Hospital & Research Institute, a Super Specialty Eye Hospital with all modern facilities.
This ISO 9001:2008, NABH certified hospital treats more than 1 lakh patients including foreigners in a year and is recognized by various Government and other agencies for the eye treatment of their employees and their families. When this hospital was started, the management noticed that there were many people in the society who badly needed the modern treatment but could not afford the cost. So, they thought that it was their duty to make these facilities available in deserving cases at free of cost; the aim being prevention of blindness.
COMMUNITY OPHTHALMOLOGY AND CHAITHANYA SIGHT FOUNDATION
The aim of the Trust is to provide Community Ophthalmic Services to poor people in the rural areas, their services include:
- Rural outreach eye camps to identify eye diseases and providing treatment
- Free cataract surgery
- Eye disease check up at old age homes
- Diabetic Retinopathy screening camp
- OP treatment of poor patients in the Hospital
- Providing free surgical/ medical treatment for eye diseases, especially Cataract
- School Screening programmes
- Conducting seminars and Awareness programmes on eye donation, prevention of blindness etc. to NGO’s, Anganwadi teachers and School teachers.
- Publishing Sight Kerala Magazine
Where is Chaithanya Sight Foundation