Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is a family foundation established in 1944 by the man who started Hilton Hotels. They provide funds to nonprofit organizations working to improve the lives of disadvantaged and vulnerable people throughout the world.
Rooted in the life interests and last will of their founder, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation pursues approaches that touch a diversity of people, places and needs. They invest in ten priority areas, including the following initiatives and programs:
-Their strategic initiatives involve funding several partners, generating new knowledge, and collaborating with other funders to achieve measurable impact.
Providing safe water
-Increasing sustainable access to safe water for people in severe need within developing countries.
Ending chronic homelessness
-Making permanent supportive housing a reality for chronically homeless people in Los Angeles County.
Preventing substance abuse
-Helping people gain the understanding, skill, and confidence to resist drugs and alcohol abuse.
Caring for vulnerable children
-Helping youth involved with the foster care system in the United States, and children affected by AIDS in the developing world, thrive in the communities where they live.
Supporting Catholic Sisters
-Helping Sisters sustain and broaden the impact of their work.
The Foundation also gives priority to the following program areas.
1. Confronting sight loss: Preventing blindness and empowering those facing the challenges of visual impairment.
2. Overcoming multiple sclerosis: Seeking a cure and improving quality of life for those who are affected by MS.
3. Responding to disasters: Providing water, sanitation, and other aid to people in the aftermath of natural disasters; promoting disaster preparedness.
4. Nurturing Catholic schools: Supporting Catholic schools and extending their educational benefit to more youth.
5. Educating students for hospitality industry: Creating opportunities for the next generation of hotel and restaurant managers.See more