Dawa Limited is one of the leading manufacturers of pharmaceutical products in Kenya, and East Africa. Through their specialized Animal Health and Human Health divisions, they have over the decades provided front line products that have ensured enhanced animal productivity and best quality of life for patients.
In 2004, Medisel (K) Ltd acquired Dawa Limited, as a strategy to grow and enhance company’s position in East Africa’s pharmaceutical industry. This also enabled Dawa Limited to leverage on the expansive network of its new parent company to widen Dawa’s market reach. Today, their products can be found in virtually every African country, thanks to their commercial operations in more than 10 countries in Eastern, Central, and Western Africa.
They envisage their company growing to become one of the global leading pharmaceutical manufacturers. To meet market demand for various types of antibiotics in the region, Dawa Limited has been pursuing an aggressive growth strategy, which has seen the company set up a state-of-the art Penicillin manufacturing facility.
Penicillins are a kind of antibiotics that are used in the prevention and treatment of different kinds of bacterial infections. This new facility places Dawa Limited at the top of the list of Kenya’s leading manufacturers of antibiotics for use in animal and human health.
They have the requisite capacity to achieve their ambitious growth strategy. They have some of the best pharmacy laboratory and equipment in the region. They also employ the best pharmacy graduates from local universities and colleges. Their excellent induction programme matches the graduates with experienced professionals to ensure that the graduates grow into highly resourceful individuals. They then place the most promising personnel in strategic positions to propel the company further into market leadership. With this, nothing stands in the way to their success and sustainability as a company.
To be the most respected company in marketing and manufacturing of quality pharmaceutical and animal health products in Africa.
Grow the business through ethical and superior customer service ensuring greater social responsibility and value creation.
Their company values are the benchmark for their thinking and actions. They are the essence of what ties them together today and tomorrow.
- Teamwork: They are a strong company with diverse disciplines working together to conquer major challenges. They treat their fellow employees and their customers with trust and respect.
- Positive Attitude and Initiative: They enjoy their work, and mix a serious commitment and drive to succeed with the ability to celebrate along the way which even leads to healthy self-perception.
- Professionalism: Their employees are committed to achieve excellence in quality standards. They believe in reliability, even-handedness and discretion.
- Integrity & Trust: They generate an atmosphere of esteem, fairness, open and honest communication. Thoughts and actions entail doing the right thing at all times and in all circumstances; whether or not anyone is watching.
- Responsibility: They do what they say by anticipating and / or resolving critical issues and acting with a strong sense of urgency to implement solutions. Also, their concern for Society & Environment is a sense of responsibility and contribution to society that defines their existence.
- Quality: In meeting customers’ needs, everything they do must be of high quality. They are devoted to ensure quality in all their endeavors and to maintain the highest ethical standards in their business practices.
These values determine their actions in their daily dealing with customers and business partners as well as in their teamwork and their collaboration with each other.