Embassy of France in Laos
The embassy building was built at the beginning of the 20th century to house the offices of the Directorate of Public Works when the decision was made to build the European city. He then welcomed the General Planning Commission. The Laos topographic services settled in the annex buildings that make up the current diplomatic campus. The building was restructured and restored in 1968 by the architect Pierre Clément. An overall repair took place in 1999.
In 1956, the French government became the owner of the entire quadrilateral, in exchange for a number of villas that made up its real estate heritage at the time. The identical facade work and the replacement of the roof were completed in 1999.
The bronze statue of Auguste Pavie , located in the garden of the Chancellery, was created in 1933 by the French sculptor Ducuing. Originally, it was made up of two distinct elements: the statue of Pavia and a group of two Laotian offerers. This set was dismantled in 1945 and after many trips, the statue was given to the French Embassy in the sixties. The group of offerers is located in the gardens of Vat Ho Phra Kèo (monastery-museum located in Setthathirath Street).