The Ethiopian Development Research Institute is a semi-autonomous research think-tank engaged in: Economic research and policy analysis, Bridging research and policy, Capacity, Knowledge dissemination and exchange and Consultancy.
The Ethiopian Development Research Institute is a semi-autonomous research think-tank engaged in:
- Economic research and policy analysis
- Bridging research and policy
- Knowledge dissemination and exchange and Consultancy
EDRI invests continuously in the competence of its employees. Therefore, staff is motivated to participate in trainings, workshops, seminars, etc.
ESTABLISHMENT AND MISSION
EDRI was established in August 1999 by the Ethiopian government with the mission to Conduct rigorous research and policy analysis that provide knowledge-based inputs to policy making and policy implementations, and Disseminate its research outputs and findings to the policy and research community, academia, the development community and other stakeholders.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goals and objectives of EDRI are to:
- Conduct high quality and objective economic research and policy analysis
-Disseminate research outputs and results
- Build professional competence and capacity of Ethiopian research and beneficiary institutions in economic policy analysis and research
- Respond to research and policy needs of the government and the economy from short to medium and long-term perspectives
- Serve as an effective platform for knowledge dissemination, exchange and dialogue
Where is Ethiopian Development Research Institute (EDRI)