Feminist Dalit Organization (FEDO)
Feminist Dalit Organization (FEDO) was founded in 1994 by a group of Dalit women, who were concerned about the oppressed status of Dalit women in Nepal.
FEDO envisions a just and equitable society where Dalit enjoys its rights and has opportunities to life, equity, development, and participation.
The mission of FEDO is to create a movement against caste and gender-based discrimination in order to protect and promote the civil and political rights of Dalit women and to support their socio-economic empowerment.
The goal of FEDO is to eliminate caste and gender-based discrimination against Dalit women by making duty bearers responsive and right holders pro-active towards enhancing equal rights and opportunities.
WHAT FEDO DOES?
- Works from grassroots to the policy levels
- Implements regular programs as well as projects
- Partnerships and alliance building
- Coordination and Collaboration with the government and other concerned stakeholders
- Institutional capacity buildingSee more