Femmes and Technologies de l'Information et de la Communication (Femmes & TIC)
The association Femmes & Technologies de l'Information et de la Communication is a non-governmental organization, created on September 1, 2007 in Abidjan.
Because they are interested in the changes that ICT bring about in their daily lives and how they contribute to their personal development; Because the digital divide affects them more than men worldwide;
Because they represent an important economic force but often have less access to progress, in particular to the ICTs factors of a country's economic and social development; Because they risk being excluded from participation in the global emergence of an information society, if no action is taken in their favor.
Main missions of the NGO f&TIC
- Provide women and young people with the knowledge necessary for the appropriation of Information and Communication Technologies in order to facilitate their empowerment and their professional integration.
- Encourage and facilitate the active participation of women in development projects and in entrepreneurship through the use of Information and Communication Technologies.
- Highlight and share the experiences acquired by women to promote personal and community development.
- Build a network of partners with similar and complementary interests.
- Work for the introduction of Information and Communication Technologies in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.See more