Fortum Solar India Private Ltd.
Driving the change for a cleaner world
They are a leading clean-energy company developing and offering solutions for their customers in electricity, heating, cooling, as well as solutions to improve resource efficiency. We also provide services for the power generation industry and solutions for consumers so that they can be smarter in their energy choices.
Vision and strategy
With their strategy they build a cleaner world
Their vision is For a cleaner world. Their mission is to engage their customers and society to drive the change towards a cleaner world. Their role is to accelerate this change by reshaping the energy system, improving resource efficiency and providing smart solutions. This way they deliver excellent shareholder value.
Change where it matters – in an increasingly complex energy landscape
It is difficult to predict how power markets, technology and regulatory environment will develop – the future is more uncertain and development quicker than ever. At the same time, uncertainty can create new business opportunities for them. Decarbonisation is deeply embedded in their DNA, and in the future, there is an increasing need for low-CO2 energy as they need to replace fossil fuels in traffic, industry, heating and cooling. They see the 2020s becoming the decade of electricity.
Going forward, they must be smart in driving change where it matters most: Fighting climate change, continuously improving their operational excellence, ensuring value creation from the vast investments made and securing focused growth - both in their current operations and in new businesses.
Strategic priorities positioning Fortum for the decade of electricity
They are well-positioned in the ongoing transition in the energy sector towards a decarbonized world. Their strategic priorities for the next years target competitiveness of current businesses and focused growth.
1. Pursue operational excellence and increased flexibility
- Ensure benchmark performance
- Focus on cash flow and efficient use of balance sheet
2. Ensure value creation from investments and portfolio optimisation
- Increase shareholder value from Uniper
- Optimise portfolio to fit the changing business environment
3. Drive focused growth in the power value chain
- Grow in CO2-free power generation
- Develop value-adding offerings and solutions for customers
4. Build option for significant new businesses
- Create a new sizable profit contributor independent of power prices
- Build on industrial logic and synergies with current business and competencesSee more