Futura Consulting was set up in 2016 by Tony McBride.
Tony has worked in the UK non-governmental sector for 20 years and has first hand experience of designing and implementing successful strategies for influencing national and international decision makers.
Before setting up Futura Consulting, Tony was Director of the Science Policy Centre at the Royal Society, the UK’s national academy of science, and a Senior Policy Advisor at the CBI, the UK’s leading business organisation. He also held positions at Charities Aid Foundation, YoungMinds, the Haemophilia Society and worked as a volunteer with refugees in Bosnia during the Balkan War in the 1990s.
During this time Tony:
- Designed, led and oversaw projects that helped to secure large-scale, long-term public investment and which directly influenced UK government policy on research, innovation, law and order and energy;
- Oversaw influential policy programmes on energy, climate change and sustainability, science and innovation investment, education and skills and international science;
- Led an internationally renowned policy team;
- Developed and implemented strategies for science policy, education and international affairs;
- Sat on numerous NGO and government advisory boards;
- Oversaw projects commissioned by the UK Government.
Futura Consulting helps not for profit organisations to develop and deploy their powers of influence.
They believe that well run charities and non-governmental organisations create significant public benefit and have the potential to shape society.
They can help make the people, projects and policies as compelling as possible, so that the organisation can set the agenda, lead the debate or bring about change.
Futura Consulting works hand in hand with leaders and their teams to design, implement, monitor and review strategies, policy and the communications needed to make them successful.
- CommunicationsSee more