Human Rights Awareness and Promotion Forum (HRAPF)
HRAPF is a non-governmental human rights advocacy organisation whose mission is to promote respect and protection of human rights of marginalised persons and Most at Risk Populations through enhanced access to justice, research and advocacy, legal and human rights awareness, capacity enhancement and strategic partnerships.
HRAPF’s work is directed towards achieving equality, non-discrimination, and access to justice for the most at risk populations and marginalised groups in Uganda.
The site is designed to provide information about HRAPF, key developments in the field of human rights in Uganda, and access to the various publications that HRAPF has developed. It is updated periodically with the latest information.
Human Rights Awareness and promotion Forum (HRAPF) is an independent, non-partisan, Non-Governmental human rights advocacy organization. It was founded in 2008 by a group of freshly graduated lawyers and other professionals. HRAPF seeks to create awareness of human rights and provide legal support to the most marginalised groups as a means of stemming abuse of their human rights.
HRAPF is fully registered under the laws of Uganda.
- To create awareness on the national, regional and international human rights regime.
- To promote access to justice for marginalised persons and Most at Risk Populations groups
- To undertake research and legal advocacy for the rights of marginalised persons and Most at Risk Populations groups.
- To network and collaborate with key strategic partners, government, communities and individuals at national, regional and international level.
- To enhance the capacity of marginalised groups, Most at Risk Populations and key stakeholders to participate effectively in the promotion and respect of the rights of marginalised persons’.
- To maintain a strong and vibrant human rights organisation.
To promote respect and protection of human rights of marginalised persons and Most at Risk Populations through enhanced access to justice, research and advocacy, legal and human rights awareness, capacity enhancement and strategic partnerships.
A society where the human rights of all persons including marginalised persons and Most at Risk Populations are valued, respected and protected.
- Equality, Justice and Non-Discrimination
- Transparency, Integrity and Accountability
- Learning and Reflection Quality and Excellence
- Teamwork and Oneness
Taking Human Rights To AllSee more