IEEE Buenaventura Section
The IEEE Buenaventura Section is the local volunteer organization of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the largest technical society in the world, with over 400,000 members. The IEEE Buenaventura Section is one of the most active in IEEE Region 6, which includes the other Los Angeles-area sections as well as the rest of California and the Western United States. About 700 IEEE members live or work in Ventura County. IEEE is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization.
The mission of their section is to:
- Align great speakers in various fields of engineering to make it convenient for engineers/scientists/technical educators from Ventura County to remain relevant about advances in their field
- Inspire local high school and college students to enter STEM careers and reserve funds for engineering scholarships
- Help individuals in the process of choosing a technical career or finding a new technical job
- Encourages engineers to sharpen their skills and fulfill all that they can be.
They organize many events, free of charge to the community most of the time:
- More than 50 speaker talks each year. They cover the following engineering areas of expertise: aerospace, communications, biology and medicine, electronic devices, circuity systems, microwave, robotics, automation process, and photonics/imaging.
- Career events for middle schools, high schools and colleges in Ventura County
- Entrepreneurship workshops
- Networking events to align graduates to employers or professionals in transition to potential opportunities.See more