Institut Congolais de Recherche en Developpement et Etudes Strategiques (ICREDES)
The Congolese Institute for Development Research and Strategic Studies in acronym ICREDESis a scientific NGO, with the status of a non-profit association (asbl). It was founded by Professor KANKWENDA Mbaya Justin, a senior UNDP official. His high and multiple responsibilities within this organization only reinforced his convictions of a DRC cradle of modern thinkers of Africa in general, and of the Congo in particular. Also, very concerned about the deterioration in the academic and scientific environment of his country, the Congo, he took the initiative to found ICREDES on March 13, 2003 in Kinshasa, capital of the DRC. The head office is located on avenue Mbanza Ngungu, at no. 4, in the Commune of Lemba, Quartier Righini. ICREDES can establish executive offices in other parts of the country.
- Contribute to the intellectual and scientific development of Africa in general and the DRC in particular.
- Promote a center for scientific reflection and intellectual activity which can shine on social dynamics in the Congo, intellectually arm political, economic, social and cultural actors of all levels, and influence their activities.
- Contribute to the enlightening of development policy makers at national, regional and local level, as well as partners who provide assistance to the country.
- Support the actors at the base in the formulation and implementation of a dynamic of participative development, dynamic appropriate by the communities.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the human potential of Africa and the DRC, and to the training of technically advanced managers for the country's sustainable development activities.
- To be one of the centers of reference and excellence in terms of analysis of the Congo's development problems and strategic reflection on the sectoral and global dynamics of the country.See more