Institute for the Conservation of Neotropical Carnivores (Instituto Pro-Carnivoros)
The Institute for the Conservation of Neotropical Carnivores - Pro-Carnivores is a civil, private law, non-governmental and non-profit association. It was founded in 1996, is headquartered in Atibaia - SP and develops projects in different regions of the country. In 2005, it was recognized by the Ministry of Justice as OSCIP (Civil Society Organization of Public Interest), an order signed on 02/18/2005 and published in the Official Gazette on 02/28/2005.
Promote the conservation of neotropical carnivorous mammals and their habitats.
They fulfill their mission through:
- Development of scientific research to generate the information necessary for the conservation of species and their habitats.
- Proposed management strategies and actions to ensure long-term survival of carnivores.
- Identification and protection of priority areas for the conservation of carnivores.
- Guidance in cases of predation of domestic animals by carnivorous mammals.
- Training and qualification of professionals specialized in the management and conservation of natural predators.
- Environmental education.
- Production of educational and promotional material.
- Support and development of public policies for the conservation of species and their habitats.
They, members of Pró-Carnívoros, want to be recognized for the excellence of their achievements, honesty and transparency in the management of resources, and for the contribution of their actions to environmental conservation.
The fundamental values that underpin their vision are:
Their conduct must reflect the highest ethical standards.
Responsibility for projects
Their projects are their focus. They must strive to achieve maximum efficiency in their projects, generating results that contribute to their mission.
The respect with their lenders
assumed to efficiently manage the responsibility all resources from their donors, sponsors, partners and employees.
The scientific basis of the knowledge generated
Their research follows the scientific method, is based on consultations and submitted to evaluation by the academic environment through publications in specialized journals.
Having integrity for them means being honest, fair, fight for what they believe and do what they propose to do.See more