CEIPES - International Center for the Promotion of Education and Development , is an international non-profit organization, autonomous, pluralistic, apartheid, which works for the sole pursuit of social solidarity goals and whose structure is democratic. CEIPES is active at the European and International level in the field of youth and adult education.
The association is an 'ENGO - European Non Governamental Organization ' with 'antennas' in 8 European countries.
CEIPES is inspired by the principles and values of Peace and Nonviolence, Equality in Diversity, Human Rights, Democracy and Active Participation, Respect for the Environment, Co-operation, Solidarity, Social Integration, Tolerance, and Interculturalism. An independent organization without links with political parties, but nevertheless socially active in the search for the involvement and participation of all and all.
Palermo CEIPES coordinates an informal network - the "CEIPES Network" - which collects more than 20 organizations and public bodies including: Organization for Human Rights of Young People, City Council of Castelvetrano, City Council Santa Elisabetta, Ethos Department of the Faculty of Education Sciences of the University of Palermo, Secondary School Einaudi. The purpose of this network is to promote local co-operation and to facilitate access to Community opportunities, as well as the mobility of European learning and cooperation.
At European and International level CEIPES works in close cooperation with more than 50 NGOs, universities and public bodies. The goal pursued by all partners is to make a positive change and to facilitate social cohesion in safeguarding human rights and the active participation of all individuals for their full personal and collective realization.
CEIPES is a global, non-profit association, active in the field of social and human development. Through education they work for a world of peace and equality that guarantees the satisfaction of universal human rights.
CEIPES's mission is to foster and promote the development of individuals and local communities through education, training, human rights and international cooperation, in accordance with the principles of international solidarity, peace and nonviolence.
The association has the following aims:
- Promote education and development of all people of all ages, as a tool to foster individual and collective growth.
- Encourage intercultural dialogue with the aim of promoting understanding and respect among people of different cultures and at the same time creating the awareness of intercultural wealth through exchanges of values, traditions and lifestyles.
- Contrasting all forms of discrimination while at the same time contributing to community development and social inclusion .
- Promote the values of peace, nonviolence and human rights as the only way for a fair and solid world where all human beings can enjoy their fundamental rights.
- Promote international solidarity while respecting equal opportunities and the principle of self-determination of peoples.
The association has the following specific objectives:
- Promote non-formal education as a fundamental tool for the empowerment of young people and adults and as a complement to formal education .
- Promote personal and community development through mobility for learning.
- Promote Lifelong Learning.
- Create new tools and innovative methodologies to develop strategies that can be spent on educational and training work in synergy with public and private institutions at local and international level.
- Promote study and research with a view to making the activities undertaken by the association more scientific .
Where is International Center for the Promotion of Education and Development (Centro Internazionale per la Promozione dell’Educazione e dello Sviluppo - CEIPES)