Interreg Europe helps regional and local governments across Europe to develop and deliver better policy. By creating an environment and opportunities for sharing solutions, we aim to ensure that government investment, innovation and implementation efforts all lead to integrated and sustainable impact for people and place.
What do they support?
Any actions developed with financial support from Interreg Europe must fall into one of the following four categories: Research and innovation, SME competitiveness, Low-carbon economy, Environment and resource efficiency.
How they help - at a glance
Many regions are reviewing their European activity in the context of budget pressures. Interreg Europe can help your city and/or region in the following ways:
- Financial support – funding is available for interregional cooperation projects, which have the potential to lead to longer term collaborations and partnerships
- Peer learning – gain insights and experience from a range of exchange and learning opportunities with your peers across Europe
- Policy into practice – make a tangible difference by translating EU policy into on the ground action
- Bottom-up policy development – by using the results and positive impact of your successful projects to serve as evidence for feeding into EU and national policies
- Save time – rather than reinventing the wheel, find out what solutions to sustainable development challenges already exist in other parts of Europe. A problem shared, is a problem solved!
- Organisational and professional development – bring collaborative learnings back home for the benefit of you, your organisation and those you serve
- Expand your network – meet new like-minded partners, stakeholders and business friends across Europe
- Build an international profile – among your project peers and with the EU institutions
Where is Interreg Europe