Interserve’s origins date back to 1884 when brothers Edmund and Augustus Hughes formed London and Tilbury Lighterage Company Limited, which specialised in transferring cargo between vessels. Between 1930 and 1950, the business diversified by moving into waste disposal and purchasing a civil engineering firm.
Further growth occurred after the Company bought a construction and engineering arm, which included expansion into the Middle East in the 1990s. In 2001 the Tilbury Group was renamed Interserve.
Interserve now employs circa 53,500 people worldwide, providing a wide range of services to more than 7,500 clients.
At Interserve, they support people and organizations to manage change - helping to create improved and better enviroments in places where people live and work.
Interserve offers advice, design, construction and support services for society's infrastructure and provide a range of equipment and expertise across a range of services. From initial concept through design and construction into ongoing aftercare and services delivered directly to citizens, they work in true partnership – often throughout the entire project life cycle.See more