Since its establishment in 1996, KRRI has achieved the globalization of railroad traffic technology with 400 specialized researchers, with 300 forms of high technology research equipment, each of which was developed by KRRI, and through the passion and courage to endeavor to develop new technologies.
For a more prosperous future, the Korea Railroad Research Institute will realize the dream of a broader and larger world with future transportation science and technology.
- R&D on high-speed railroad, general railroad, urban railroad, and light-weight subway systems
- R&D on next-generation public transportation systems
- R&D on railroad safety, standardization, railroad policy, and logistics technology
- R&D on technology railway and transcontinental railroad systems between the two Koreas (North and South)
- R&D on core technologies for a nation-wide transportation system (including railroad, public transportation,
- Cooperation, support, and technology commercialization with small- and medium-sized enterprises and other business groups in the industry
Goal and Strategy
- Goal: To create new value of railroad technology through demand-focused convergence research
- Commercialization-focused R&D through organizing convergence research
- Strengthening support for small- and medium-sized businesses to vitalize the railroad industry
- Developing creative/core technologies and railroad systems focusing on market demand