Mallarpur Naisuva (MNS) is a fiction of a metamorphosis of one informal group of young people inspired with the spirit of social work into a full-fledged NGO engaged in various rural development activities. It was in 1985-86 that these young men, instead of spending their leisure times by playing cards only, tried their hands in social work, being inspired by their mentors – late Dr. Ashok Pathak, a doctor practicing in the village of Mallarpur and Shri Sadhan Sinha, a National Service Volunteer of Nehru Yuba Kendra at Birbhum. They mobilized local youth for road repairing, raise funds to provide ambulatory services which was the beginning. In 1995 they registered under Society Registration Act and from there the journey begins. Today 75 youth clubs are partners of Naisuva in its various activities and in 1998 received the prestigious Netaji Subhas Chandra Basu award from state Government for the best NGO of the state.
Their mission is to build up a cadre of socially conscious youth in the field of community development through capacity building, mainstreaming and strengthen civil society partnership by enhancing participation, contributing to policy and stimulating action.
Aims and Objectives
- To initiate the awakening process.
- To build up the people’s organization and the capacities of the people.
- To encourage development of a democratic process towards people’s solidarity.
- To strengthen women in the expression of their full potential and rightful place in the society.
- To try integrated and sustainable models of community health and rural development using, people’s participatory approaches.
- To develop the technical skills for the people of the poorer section for their life style through maximum utilization of the local resources.
- To provide education and other alternatives for integrated development of the children, specially the girl child.
- Application of improved livelihood principles.
- Application of bottom up methodologies.
- Networking with all stakeholders for better service delivery.
- Promote propagate new ideas and thoughts with great challenges.
- Community led and people centered.
Where is Mallarpur Naisuva (MNS)