The Maulini group employs approximately 200 people, 20 of whom are active in administration and technology. The new building and renovation sectors represent about 80% of the turnover and the balance is made in civil engineering.
The building includes: the construction of rental or EPP buildings, industrial and administrative buildings and individual and contiguous villas.
The transformation / renovation sector accounts for about 25% of turnover and includes all types of transformation, as well as the maintenance of traditional facades and carbonation, as well as maintenance work for real estate agencies and private clients. Maulini is also recognized by Suva as a company specializing in the removal of materials containing asbestos.
Civil engineering includes all earthworks, various repairs for the various public services (electricity, water, gas, telecommunications), connections and compliance of storm and wastewater pipelines. Occasionally, this sector also includes structural works such as the construction of covered walkways, bridges or trenches.
With a constantly renewed range of machinery and equipment, Maulini SA has invested year after year in order to remain competitive in the face of the sector.
Origin and tradition
Born in 1874 in Orta San Giulio, in Piedmont (I), Louis Maulini left his job as a boatman, who saw him take some believers to San Giulio Island, to come to Vernier at the age of 34 .
It was in this commune that he founded his construction company in 1910. The founder died in 1947, two years after having interested his son, Louis Maulini (hereinafter referred to as L. Maulini Père), who succeeded him to the head Of the family business, with about thirty workers.
In 1963 and 1974, Michel and Louis Maulini, third generation, are associated with the management of the family business L. Maulini & Fils. In the 1980s, the latter grew to 150 workers, before the crisis that marked the construction sector.
In the 1990s, the absorption of two medium-sized companies ensured the competitiveness of L. Maulini & Fils. The difficulties are overcome and the numbers of pre-crisis recovered.
The preparation of the future
On 1 January 1996, Michel and Louis Maulini decided to convert the joint-stock company L. Maulini & Fils into a public limited company under the name Maulini SA, of which they were the sole shareholders. Louis Maulini Father remains interested in the affairs of the staff of the company. In the same year, the company's equipment and equipment were transferred to Satigny in a new one-hectare and half-storey building with all the necessary facilities.
Efforts to develop a rigorous and efficient management are rewarded by obtaining the ISO 9001 certification in 1998.
In 2000, the administrative and technical departments were installed in a new building, adjacent to the depot, a rational regrouping of all the departments of Maulini SA.
In April 2005, Raphaël Soulié, son-in-law of Michel Maulini, joined the management of the company, which is being restructured as a holding company. This entry was followed in 2006 by that of Nicolas Maulini, son of Louis, who joined the company after having obtained the diploma of engineer HES in civil engineering and a master HEC.
Where is Maulini SA