Ministry of Education (Honduras) (Secretaría de Educación de Honduras)
“We are the State Institution, which executes the national educational policy and authorizes, organizes, directs
and supervises education at the levels of Pre-Basic, Basic and Middle Education of the Formal Educational System, guaranteeing access to educational services with quality, equity, transparency and participation to girls, boys, youth and adults for integral human well-being , that contribute to the economic, scientific, technological, social and cultural development of the country.”
“By 2022, the Ministry of Education will be an institution with leadership, which responds to the educational demands of the Honduran population, with an inclusive, articulated and competitive system that offers quality educational services to the formal education system; recognized nationally and internationally and that constitutes the fundamental axis of the development of the nation”.
1. Increase the access of girls and boys to the compulsory year of Pre-Basic Education in the age five-year reference, to promote them to the first grade of Basic Education.
2. Increase the access of girls and boys to Basic Education (first to ninth grade) to promote them at the level of secondary education.
3. Increase the access of students of appropriate age to Secondary Education for their qualification labor and / or promote them to the higher level.
4. Increase the access of young and adult population 15 years and older to literacy, Basic Education and Middle Education.
5. Improve the quality of education in the levels and modalities of the National Education System, delivering services with relevant, meaningful and relevant learning.
6. Increase permanence and approval rates in the third cycle of Basic Education and Half.
7. Improve the administrative - financial management of the National Education System.
8. Achieve the active and harmonized participation of all the actors involved in the education of the country.See more