Ministry of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare (Malawi)
The Ministry of Gender, Children Dissability and Social Welfare is mandated to promote gender equality and protect the welfare of Malawian women, men, girls and boys with special focus on persons with disabilities and older persons to become self-reliant and active participants and beneficiaries of the national socio-economic development agenda.
Socially, economically and politically empowered women, men, girls and boys with equal opportunities and integration for persons with disabilities and the elderly.
The ministry’s mission is to promote social economic empowerment and protection of women, men, children, persons with disabilities and the elderly using community and welfare approaches.
1. To increase meaningful participation of all gender groups in decision making, wealth creation and poverty reduction;
2. To reduce cases of Gender Based Violence;
3. To improve access to social justice and other welfare services;
4. To improve the well-being ofthevulnerable anddisadvantaged groups;
5. To improve equitable access to quality child development and protection services;See more