Ministry of Industry (Myanmar)
Creation of Industrially Developed Country
- To make the State-owned Enterprises which should be in the hand of Government commercially viable, to promote the involvement of private sector in State-owned Enterprises for enhancing the private sector development and to uplift the socio-economic standard of citizens by developing Small and Medium Enterprises.
- To encourage the labour intensive industries, agro-based and value-added industries, and to develop export-oriented industries through the expansion of domestic market.
- To promote and expand broadly food processing industries, value-added farm-product industries with the aim of boosting the sectors of Agriculture, Livestock and Industry with equal balance meanwhile encouraging Small and Medium Enterprises and remitting to establish Heavy Industrial Enterprises to promote import substituted commodities and exports.
- Ensuring the viability of State-Owned Enterprises and promoting Private Sector and Private
- Public Partnership by inviting technical know-how and investments for getting Industrial Sector Development.
- Encouraging Research and Technology Innovation and Development of Industrial Human Resources in order to promote the quality and standard of industrial goods.
- To promote the value added industries by utilizing the natural resources, raw materials and to implement green industries by utilizing energy efficiently and effectively.See more