Primaria sector 5 final albastru

Municipiul Bucuresti - Sectorul 5

http://www.sector5.ro/

Overview

  • Organization TypeGovernment
  • HeadquartersRomania
Located in the south-west of the capital, in the direction of the cities of Giurgiu and Alexandria, with an area of 29 km² and a population of approximately 298,526 inhabitants, the 5th sector comprises one of the most important historical areas of Bucharest. Sector 5 is bordered to the north by sectors 1 and 3, to the east by sector 4, and to the west by sector 6. Starting as the other sectors in the center of the capital, it also outlines part of the drawing of a flower with six petals that open to all the cardinal points of the city. In the old section of the administration of Bucharest, made in 1798, sector 5 corresponded to the "Gorgani" net, the third largest in the capital, with 14 mahalale (Postăvari, Mihai Voda, Antim, Izvor, Schitu Magureanu, Brezoianu etc.) houses. In 1807, Bucharest was divided into colors, the area of the current sector 5 being represented in green. In 1950, when the system of administrative division of the city was adopted by districts, sector 5 was called "VI Lenin". The year 1968 brings the transformation of the eight districts of Bucharest into sectors. Thus, the capital was divided into 8 sectors, 12 suburban communes and 23 villages. On August 1, 1979, by Decree no. 284/1979 of the State Council, the number of sectors was reduced from eight to six by merging sectors 1 with 8 and 2 with 3. The history of the 5th sector is closely related to the ancient hearth of Bucharest, whose archaeological vestiges attest to human settlements from the Paleolithic period. The testimonies of a prehistoric civilization discovered in Mihai Voda Hill or the traces of the Geto-Dacian culture on the banks of the Dambovita, the churches and the royal settlements reborn so many times from the ruins, the commercial roads and the evolution of the medieval fair to the creation of the modern city speak of the identity of the 5th sector, which, along with the perimeter of sectors 3 and 4, form the oldest part of Bucharest. This area of history, subject to many attempts by the loss or dislocation of some monuments of reference for the memory of the city, still preserves in its territory institutions and areas of great importance for the Capital, among which can be mentioned:  the Parliament Palace , the building which recently housed 5th District Mayoralty , located on Regina Elisabeta Boulevard, Mihai Voda area , Bulevard Hotel , Law School , Opera and Ballet Theater , Monument to Sanitary Heroes , Palace of the Faculty of General Medicine , "Gheorghe Lazar" , the Church "Holy Apostles" , Church Sapient , Antim Monastery , Church "St. Elefterie Old" , church "St. Elias" - Barrow , Chapel Asylum , Church "Spirit Nine" , the church "St. Nicholas" ( Bărbătescu old ) , Church "Holy Trinity" - Ghencea , Church "St. Constantine and Elena " , Uranus ,Administrative Palace of Bucharest , the monastery "Mihai Voda".

Contact Municipiul Bucuresti - Sectorul 5

Company Offices
  • Romania (headquarters)
  • Bucharest
  • Str. Fabrica de Chibrituri nr.9-11 Bucuresti Sector 5