National Institute of Local Government (NILG - Bangladesh)
National Local Government Institute (NILG) is a reputed organization engaged in the development of human resources embedded in the local government system of Bangladesh. For the past five years, NILG has been playing a very important role in the local government system. NILG has been systematically conducting training and research activities to strengthen the local government institutions with many limitations.
It was established on 7th July, 2010 on the basis of "East Pakistan Government Educational A-Training Institutions Ordinance". It was renamed as National Local Government Institute (NILG) in the 5th. It is being governed by the National Local Government Institute (NILG) Act, 12 under the administrative control of the Local Government Department of the Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development and Cooperatives.
The National Local Government Institute (NILG) is working to make the local government of Bangladesh appear as one of the centers of strengthening institutions. NILG's mission is to increase the capacity of local government institutions through training and mutual assistance and to work on the development of traditional policies through research. The goals are:
- Increase the capacity of local government institutions by providing training and mutual support;
- Provide effective training and research for local government institutions;
- Assist in the development of local government system policies;
- To give equal importance to all local government institutions;
- To be constantly engaged in the capacity building of local government institutions;
- Engage in establishing good governance.See more