Who they are
NOCN has been creating opportunities through learning and skills development for over 30 years.
NOCN is a market-leading international Awarding Organisation (AO) and Government-approved End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO) that has been creating opportunities for 30 years. NOCN Group includes NOCN, NOCN India Skills Foundation, CSkills Awards and One Awards.
They are trusted and recognised by employers, training providers and learners in the UK and internationally, to provide a high quality, flexible service and we believe passionately in the power of education and its impact on communities and individuals.
As a progressive educational charity with a social rather than commercial focus, they are at the forefront of vocational skills development and apprenticeships, including the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy in the UK.
They are the only awarding body in the UK which specialises in productivity and focussed on increasing the UK's competitiveness globally. As the second largest awarding organisation in the UK construction sector, we are committed to working for a better future for UK construction.
NOCN is proud to be the very first awarding organisation to be given the 'Leader in Diversity' award by the National Centre for Diversity, a leader in promoting equality for all in the UK and also recognised by Ofqual, CCEA and the Welsh Government, working with a number of strategic partners in the UK and internationally.
Their vision is to be the Educational & Skills Charity of choice, helping learners and apprentices to reach their potential and organisations to thrive.
Their Mission is to support people, in the UK and internationally, from all communities, to progress into employment, develop their skills and careers and gain the life skills they need to enjoy a rewarding and fulfilling life through:
- regulated qualifications
- apprenticeship assessments,
- skills accreditation, assessment support,
- access to higher education,
- competency cards,
- consultancy advice and training
As a successful not-for-profit business, NOCN provides excellent value for money, with low overheads and the reinvestment of surplus back into the business, resulting in competitive prices and excellent quality.
NOCN is a registered charity (1079785) - operating not-for-profit and investing income back into the organisation - with the following objectives:
The advancement of education of the public in one or more of the following ways:
- By promoting and widening participation in education and training including for those people who have previously been excluded from educational opportunities.
- By improving the quality and flexibility of educational provision for the public benefit, including for those people who have previously been excluded from educational opportunities; and
- By improving access for learning opportunities and facilitating progression to further learning, employment and higher education particularly through the award of credit and credit-based qualifications.
NOCN strives every day to deliver services in line with these aims. It also supports projects and provides services which specifically meet these objectives, including:
- The AoC Student Photographic Competition
- Pathways to Adulthood Study Programme
- UNDP Bangladesh
- The Festival of Learning
- Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
They're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and were the first awarding organisation to achieve a Leader in Diversity award.