Developing countries are often recipients of international aid. Much of this aid is administered through different kinds of projects that are either relief, rehabilitation or developmental in nature.
Prior to Open Horizons’ inception, the current Managing Director interacted with various donor agencies from various backgrounds. It was observed that there was a significant gap between donors’ project and financial management standards and existing local agencies’ capacities. This reality made it a challenge for the implementing agencies to fulfill requirements from donors and achieve their projects’ objectives. Through her interaction with the local agencies she was successful in creating and enhancing technical capacities. This success in turn led to effective programmes that achieved local development goals while complying with donor standards. In order to continue supporting local agencies to develop technical capacities that would ultimately contribute to alleviation of poverty, the Managing Director registered Open Horizons Co. Ltd. in 2008 through which these services would be delivered.
To provide effective Project Management and Financial Administrative consultancy services, as well as quality Supplies for projects in Africa.
By lowering their operational costs, they are able to charge reasonable fees yet operate within these margins without compromising the quality of their goods or services. This conscious effort by Open Horizons Co. Ltd. serves to enable their clients achieve maximum benefits from their investment, be it material needs, or need for consultancy/advisory services.
- Needs assessments are conducted in line with clients’ Terms of Reference.
- Project proposal elaboration support is provided to donors’ local partners to enable them elaborate high impact project proposals based on felt needs.
- Project implementation support is provided to plan and implement projects in compliance with donor instructions and standards.
- Design and conduct of impact assessment missions are undertaken through design of relevant questionnaires, performance of assessments and analysis of data to assess project’s impact on beneficiaries’ lives.
- Organizational capacity assessments: conducted to enable donors assess gaps and plan interventions prior or during project implementation.
Supply of Goods
- Supply of stationery for projects in Kenya/S. Sudan.
- Supply of medical and non-medical goods for projects in S. Sudan.
- Supply of blankets for Iinternally Displaced persons.
- Supply of high energy nutrition food for children, pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Supply of Cement and other construction materials to Sudan.
- Supply of Fertiliser.
- Supply of Relief Food Items.
Financial Administration and Management Services
- Design and elaboration of simple and complex project budgets in compliance with donor standards (USAID, EU, German Government, Caritas Germany, Global Fund etc.)
- Financial administration of projects in compliance with donors’ financial standards.
- Supervision of agencies’ financial management of projects to deliver standards compliance.
- Designs or update financial policies.
- Training of finance & management staff on finance & finance-related matters.
- Project audits to assess donor compliance.
Logistical and Administrative Support Services
- Management of flight, hotel and conference bookings for project staff in the region.
- Chartering and supervision of loading of goods for South Sudan.
- Transportation of goods in Kenya and to South Sudan.
FOR CLIENTS IMPLEMENTING PROJECTS IN THE FOLLOWING LEGAL SECTOR:
- Constitutional Review and Implementation Process in Somalia.
- Legal drafting support for the Somali Federal Parliament.
- Legal training of various government officials in Sudan & South Sudan.