Possibilities for Each and Every Kid (PEEK)
PEEK (Possibilities For Each & Every Kid) began providing activities for children aged 5-12 in the Gallowgate and Calton areas of Glasgow’s East End in October 2000. At that time, there was only one paid member of staff supported by a voluntary management committee and the name was Gallowgate and Calton Children’s Project.
Ten years later and they are working harder than ever to give children and young people a high quality, diverse and innovative programme of structured arts, leisure and play activities to help them develop into confident, skilled and ambitious adults.
Over ten years, PEEK has:
• Gained charitable status, becoming a company limited by guarantee and changed the project’s name to Possibilities East End Kids (PEEK).
• Expanded the remit in terms of geography and age, now working with children and young people from 5–25 throughout the East Centre and Calton area of Glasgow.
• Won awards in recognition of the achievements.
• Grown the staff team (now employing 16 members of staff supported by specialist staff and volunteers) and invested time and energy in developing their skills and abilities.
• Secured and managed over £1 million of grants and donations from funders and supporters to help achieve successful outcomes for many children and young people.
• Made positive and effective contributions to a range of local partnerships and networks.
They are incredibly proud of everything that has been achieved so far, whilst being fully aware of the ongoing challenges that will be faced whilst striving to meet the vision, aims and objectives of the organisation and, more importantly, of the children and young people they exist to help.
Improving the life chances of children and young people by unlocking their potential and journeying alongside them, as they PLAY, CREATE and THRIVE.See more