In 1974 Powys Rural Council was created from the three independent Rural Community Councils of Montgomeryshire, Radnorshire and Brecknockshire. Powys Rural Council changed its name to Powys Association of Voluntary Organisations in 1994.
PAVO became a Company Limited by Guarantee and a Registered Charity on 1st April 1996 Registered Charity Number: 1069557, Company Limited by Guarantee Number: 3522144. Registered Office: Unit 30, Ddole Road Industrial Estate, Llandrindod Wells, Powys LD1 6DF.
PAVO is one of 19 County Voluntary Councils (CVCs) in Wales. Membership is open to all voluntary organisations, community groups and Town and Community Councils in Powys. The organisation employs full time and part time staff, mainly divided between the two main offices situated in Newtown and Llandrindod Wells.
PAVO is accountable to a trustee board elected by an open substantial membership of third sector organisations who, in turn, seek to meet the needs of individuals and communities through their broad membership and contacts. PAVO's reach in the third sector is unparalleled, with a membership in excess of 730 organisations and regular contact with over 1500 organisations across the county. The membership and reach underpins the critical role of PAVO in providing a legitimate, strategic and accountable voice that reflects the diverse interests of the diverse sector.
Where is Powys Association of Voluntary Organisations (PAVO)