Romanian Environmental Partnership Foundation (Fundația pentru Parteneriat)
The Romanian Environmental Partnership Foundation (Fundația pentru Parteneriat) was established as an independent foundation in 1998, and is a member of the Environmental Partnership (EP), dedicated to supporting community based environmental improvement projects in 5 CEE countries.
The Foundation develops and implements a wide range of programs and tools including funding, technical assistance, training and specific operational programs. The programs of the Foundation are designed and implemented to fit within the framework of sustainable development. The programs target and include almost all the stakeholders of society: communities, local authorities, NGOs, the business sector, media etc.
The efficiency of the Foundation's activity can be easily demonstrated by the following facts and figures: during the years the Foundation has initiated and implemented 10 funding- and 7 operational programs in environmental protection and community development.
During the 14 years of funding 775 projects of over 350 organizations received financial and tehnical support totalling 13,2 million lei.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
To support the improvement of the environment and the development of the communities in Romania by contributing to the formation of a sustainable society that enhances democratic values.
- To promote sustainable development through the strengthening of environmental NGO's and civic activities;
- To strengthen the Romanian NGO sector through capacity building;
- To encourage civic participation in planning and decision-making;
- To promote cross-sector partnerships for solving environmental and community based problems;
- To provide financial and technical support for Romanian NGOs;
- To involve the citizens in the process of identifying, preventing, and solving environmental and community based problems.See more