For more than 60 years SAFEGE has built its history both in Europe and on the wider international stage, applying its pioneering spirit to the challenges of infrastructure development.
SAFEGE starts life in 1919 as the Société Auxiliaire Française d'Électricité, Gaz et Eau, a holding company managing interests in water, gas and electricity utilities. With the nationalisation of energy in 1947, the company moves into the consulting engineering business as the Société Anonyme Française d'Études, de Gestion et d'Entreprises then Société Anonyme Française d'Études et de Gestion in 1965, before taking its present name, SAFEGE, under which it continues to grow as a designer, engineer and innovator.
Our business: delivering sustainable engineering solutions.
The new, heightened awareness of sustainable development issues is the culmination of a profound change in the needs of communities : initially concerned purely with the technical aspects of their projects, local authorities have broadened their focus to address the immediate environmental impacts and today are mindful about how the different elements of their projects will interact.
Safege is there to assist local authorities and policy makers in implementing this new approach to their development projects – an approach that takes account of the technical, environmental, social and economic aspects to ensure broader, longer-term solutions that best match the particular requirements.
As a provider of sustainable engineering solutions we draw on a comprehensive consulting engineering capability:
- Studies (audits, master plans and institutional studies, etc.)
- Design and supervision (feasibility, design and construction management)
- Technical assistance and project and programme management for major development projects
We apply our expertise in four main business sectors:
- Water (urban water cycle)
- Environment (river hydraulics, oceanography, municipal waste and industrial environment)
- Infrastructure (road and rail, urban and peri-urban developments)
- Institutional sector (institutional development, governance, etc.)
Wastewater and Stormwater
Management of Services and Facilities
Urban and Area Development
Flood control and river basin management
Legislation, regulations and enforcement
Economy and finance
Where is SAFEGE Consulting Engineers