Scaling Blue, LLC
Scaling Blue, LLC is an independent consultancy founded in 2014. Scaling Blue provides capacity to non-profit organizations, foundations, the private sector, and other stakeholders to help scale our collective impact in achieving more sustainable fisheries and communities.
Jesse Marsh, Principal & Manager, has 15 years of experience in the sustainable seafood community. Prior to founding Scaling Blue, Jesse led World Wildlife Fund’s initiative to engage seafood businesses in developing market incentives for sustainable fisheries. She developed and expanded WWF's fishery improvement project (FIP) portfolio, and has worked with fisheries in Southeast Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Africa. Jesse received a B.A. in Environmental Science from Boston University and a master’s degree in Environmental Management from Duke University.
The inspiration for her work began on the waters of Magdalena Bay.
Fishery Improvement Projects
- Strategic guidance on how to best support and engage in fishery improvement projects
- Capacity building and training on fishery improvement project design and implementation
- Collaborating with diverse stakeholders to achieve measurable environmental outcomes in developing world fisheries
Seafood Markets & Sustainability
- Leveraging seafood markets to achieve change on the water
- Sustainable sourcing advice for seafood buyers
- Market recognition for fisheries that are transitioning to more sustainable practices
- Design and implementation of impactful workshops and team retreats, with a focus on learning and team building
- Leading cross-sector collaborations across the seafood industry, NGOs, and government
- Working effectively within alliances and networks to achieve common goalsSee more