The exhibitions at Stapferhaus Lenzburg create spaces for people to engage with the critical questions of this day. Workshops, events and publications provide opportunities for a range of target groups to explore themes in greater depth. The Stapferhaus addresses its visitors as equals and invites them to form their own views. As a kind of laboratory for the art of living, the Stapferhaus makes difficult things accessible and draws out connections and relationships without delivering ready-made conclusions. Thus, the exhibitions at the Stapferhaus make it possible to recognise and negotiate the present day.
In addition to the exhibitions and associated activities, the Stapferhaus offers educational opportunities in the areas of cultural administration, cultural communication and municipal politics, as well as operation of a conference venue at Schloss Lenzburg, the headquarters of the Stapferhaus.
FROM STAPFERHAUS TO ‘HAUS DER GEGENWART’
For the past 20 years, the exhibitions at Stapferhaus Lenzburg have provoked discussion about the critical questions of the times, reaching a broad spectrum of people throughout Switzerland – but only temporarily, in a historic armoury hall. A new building is essential for the work of the Stapferhaus to have a future. That is why they need ‘Haus der Gegenwart’, a pioneering cultural building that will provide the Stapferhaus with a permanent home and lend a new dimension to its work.
The foundations for ‘Haus der Gegenwart’ are already in place:
- most of the approx. CHF 24 million required has been secured. The remaining CHF 1.5 million will be generated by means of intensive fundraising
- the building site is ready and waiting in a central location near Lenzburg railway station
- the plans have been drawn up for a cultural building with a flexible configuration
- construction will begin in March 2017
- the grand opening will take place in autumn 2018
Where is Stapferhaus Lenzburg