Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR)
The Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) is a government agency tasked with providing support to the education sector through a number of various activities. The council is located in Stockholm and Visby.
Vision and mission statement
UHR’s vision is Education, exchange, enrichment – helping you take the next step
Their mission statement is to meet the needs of individuals, the education sector, government agencies and organisations with:
- support in the selection of educational opportunities and entering the job market
- development through international cooperation
UHR’s areas of responsibility
UHR’s tasks include:
- providing information prior to higher education studies, managing the Swedish Scholastic Aptitude Test, producing regulations, and coordinating the admissions process to higher education,
- developing and managing IT systems and electronic services for the education sector,
- facilitating international exchange and training across the entire educational spectrum,
- recognising foreign qualifications,
- promotion, support and analysis within the higher education sector.