The Sunrise Project Australia
The Sunrise Project supports networks of organisations to work together to achieve outcomes that would not be possible by individual organisations acting alone.
The Sunrise Project is facing a climate and extinction crisis that has many drivers. The climate crisis is caused by digging up and burning fossil fuels (coal, oil and gas) and cutting down too many trees. Technical solutions are readily available but the challenge is in transforming the complex economic, social and political dynamics that maintain the status quo, perpetuate injustice and inequality, and get in the way of the change so urgently need.
The Sunrise Project has developed a unique model for making a difference that sits at the boundary of philanthropy and social movements. Essentially, we do three things:
- Research and analysis to develop evidence-based strategies to achieve their mission;
- Work with funders, foundations and philanthropists to align resources and re-grant funds to other organisations;
- Convene, connect and support collaborations to cut greenhouse pollution and drive the transition to clean energy.
All of The Sunrise Project's work is in service of their charitable objectives which are to:
- Protect, preserve and enhance the natural environment;
- Protect the natural environment from pollution and over exploitation;
- Support and empower individuals, communities, governments and industry to make changes required to prevent dangerous climate change;
- Facilitate public education about, and promote the transition to, a clean energy economy; and
- Educate, empower and support communities to protect natural assets and promote the sustainable and equitable use of natural resources in their local areas.See more