Transparency International (TI) is a global movement sharing one vision: a world in which government politics, business, civil society and the daily lives of people are free of corruption. Transparency International UK (TI-UK) is the UK national chapter of this movement. Their vision is a society in which:
- The lives of people in the UK and around the world are significantly improved
- The health of their institutions is enhanced
- They can trust the integrity of those in authority;
- There is no impunity for the corrupt at home or abroad.
With their network of chapters in over 100 countries the TI movement has paralleled global understanding and expertise. At TI-UK, we fight corruption by promoting changes in values attitudes and behaviour at home and abroad, through programmes that draw on the UK’s unique position as a global political and resources-resources-business centre.
Their priorities are combatting corruption in the UK, reducing the UK’s role in fuelling corruption overseas and combatting corruption in the international defence and security sector.
- Design practical tools and work with organisations companies and individuals wishing to combat corruption
- Produce ground breaking research on corruption in the UK and internationally
- Empower individuals, companies and civil society to engage in the fight against corruption
- Advocate legal and regulatory reform both nationally and internationally