The University of Rochester is one of the country's top-tier research universities. Their 158 buildings house more than 200 academic majors, more than 2,000 faculty and instructional staff, and some 11,300 students—approximately half of whom are women.
Learning at the University of Rochester is also on a very personal scale. Rochester remains one of the smallest and most collegiate among top research universities, with smaller classes, a low 10:1 student to teacher ratio, and increased interactions with faculty.
Learn, Discover, Heal, Create—
and Make the World Ever Better
Founded as “an institution of the highest order” and guided by the motto Meliora or Ever Better, the University of Rochester will help solve the greatest challenges of the 21st century by:
- Accelerating their progress as an international leader in sciences, engineering, social sciences, health science, business, and music.
- Empowering their students to fulfill their academic and professional passions in a University that is diverse, welcoming, and inclusive for all students, faculty, and staff.
- Creating innovative connections among education, humanities, music, the social sciences, science, engineering, and health science.
- Strengthening support for a dynamic faculty dedicated to teaching, mentoring, research, clinical care, and the creative and performing arts.
- Serving their community of alumni and friends through imaginative programs that enrich their lifelong relationship with the University and that expand their collective contributions to the world.
- Embracing their leadership position in Rochester and the nation by making their community a model for partnership among academic, civic, cultural, health care, and business organizations.
Where is University of Rochester