Established in 1985, Urban-Econ Development Economists has grown from a firm of three people to become the only firm of development economists of its size in Southern Africa.
Urban-Econ continues to be unrivalled as the largest and one of the leading authorities in the field of development economics, both in South Africa and the Southern African region. Through its consistent approach of innovation in an ever-changing environment; its dedication to dynamic problem solving; and its commitment to ethical, objective and professional service, Urban-Econ remains at the forefront of this exciting field of development.
The success of the company is underpinned by its highly skilled and qualified team of professional development economists, supplemented with up-to-date economic analytical techniques, qualitative and quantitative assessments and robust methodologies. The wealth of knowledge and experience gained in economic research and analysis, strategic planning, impact assessment and development facilitation across the full spectrum of economic sectors and throughout a significant expanse of development territories, enables Urban-Econ to truly CELEBRATE DEVELOPMENT DIVERSITY!
Their vast track record, years of experience and skilled staff complement forms the foundation for their outstanding service offering:
- Understanding of ever-changing local, regional and global dynamics
- Customised, practical solutions that meet the unique needs of each client
- Cutting-edge and innovative solutions
- Sound research and analytical techniques
- Professional services and quality products
URBAN-ECON provides consulting services based on world-class research and development planning solutions in all its dimensions. URBAN-ECON’s approach is one of specialisation across a range of fields, illustrating the diversified nature of the company’ services, as well as the depth of knowledge on offer.
Urban-Econ provides consulting services based on world-class research and development planning solutions in all its dimensions. Urban-Econ‘s approach is one of specialisation across a range of fields, illustrating the diversified nature of the company’s services, as well as the depth of knowledge and experience on offer.
• Economic development potential investigations
• Strategic planning for job creation & poverty alleviation
• Master planning
• Industry research & sectoral analysis
• Socio-economic surveys & analysis
• Market demand assessment
• Feasibility studies
• Business plan formulation
• Economic impact assessment
• Economic modelling & projection
• Development funding application & facilitation
• Programme evaluation
• Monitoring & evaluation
• Institutional development
• Investment attraction
• Incentive packaging