Volunteering Victoria, the state peak body for volunteering, is a not for profit and charity. Their primary function is to facilitate opportunities for people and organisations to assist members of the Australian community who are in need through volunteering. They do this by a range of activities, including advocacy, sector development, research, the promotion of volunteering and collaboration with like-minded individuals and organisations. Their vision is resilient communities and empowered and active citizens through volunteering.
Purpose and vision
Volunteering Victoria is the state peak body for volunteering, focussing on advocacy, sector development and the promotion of volunteering.
Volunteering Victoria has a singular and specialised focus on volunteering. They see their role as leading the development of a collaborative, sustainable, thriving volunteering community and movement in Victoria.
They are the peak body for volunteering in Victoria. Through their dynamic and transformative leadership they will promote and build a vibrant, prosperous and strong volunteering community that is inclusive, respected and sustainable.
Resilient communities and empowered and active citizens through volunteering.
- Collaborative, supportive and inclusive
- Innovative, flexible and proactive
- Transparent, accountable and professional
Volunteering Victoria can help at:
- Find a volunteer position
- Improve how to manage volunteers in the organisation
- Arrange workplace volunteering
- Deliver onsite training
- Provide advice if having problems where to volunteer
- Learn more about current issues, trends and public policy affecting volunteering
- Find people to volunteer at the community organisation
- Access networks of other volunteering professionals