Washington Charter School Development
Pacific Charter School Development (PCSD) formed Washington Charter School Development to carry out its mission of providing facilities solutions for high quality charter operators in WA State. Through an Employing Sharing Agreement between PCSD and WCSD, PCSD is providing employees to WCSD in order to carry out its mission.
- PCSD has built 47 campuses serving 20,300 students in California.
- PCSD’s average cost per seat is $17k for privately funded facilities and $38k per seat for publicly funded projects.
- PCSD is typically able to develop a charter school within 18 months.
- PCSD has secured over $200 million in financing, and has established relationships with lenders including CDFIs and banks.
- PCSD has a bench of proven architects and contractors who have designed and built charter schools on time and on budget.
- PCSD has established key relationships with public agencies to streamline approvals.
- PCSD builds for high-quality charter schools in underserved communities.
- PCSD allows charter schools to maximize $ and focus on instruction and not construction.
- PCSD seeks to expand charter school facilities funding alternatives and leverage local and state dollars to augment private funding.
Full Service Provider
- PCSD traditionally provides turnkey development services, in addition to project management and consulting services.
- PCSD oversees design, construction and closeout to ensure projects are delivered on time and budget.See more