Windstream Power was established in 1974 in North Hatley Quebec, Canada. Over the years, Windstream Power (formally Thermax) has manufactured small wind turbines, microhydro systems and the popular human power generator series using their reliable permanent magnet DC generators.
A move down to Vermont in the 1980’s established a strong foothold in the industry. In 2005, Windstream joined up with and became part of the Bowles Corporation group in North Ferrisburgh. Vt.
Windstream Power is a registered trademark.
Their products are manufactured by a dedicated staff of 14 in rural Vermont. They are extremely lucky to work with a wonderful group of people in a beautiful part of the world.
They are the original manufacturer of The Human Power Generator. Many have copied them – but theirs produces more power than other hand or foot crank devices on the market today. Most will only produce 20 to 30 watts, theirs will produce up to 75 watts.
- They are transparent and explain in detail what you can expect for charging current, power and how it really works!
- They have a solid history and have been in business since 1974.
- Their products are made in Vermont, USA by the same people that sell them.
- Their products are built to last. They use powder coated steel where others use plastic.
- Their Windstream® permanent magnet DC generators are the toughest on the market and made in the USA.
They specialize in producing small, well made, turn key, DC power systems. Their products are based around their very durable Windstream® Low RPM, Permanent Magnet DC Generators for small wind, microhydro or pedal power applications. They also manufacture and provide charge controllers and voltage regulators – 12 and 24V.
Whether your goal is to find a fun way to bring STEM energy education into the classroom or provide a reliable source of DC power in remote locations, Windstream Power LLC can supply turn key solutions or components for larger projects or exhibitions.