• Commitment to create a difference in any role • Self motivated through visualisation and self image
• Practitioner of the maxim "Hierarchy for administration and equality for contribution"
• A learner for life • Ability to work under pressure through objective assessment all the issues
• Aspiration to succeed at the highest level • A learner for life
• Core Competencies developed in more than 30 years of experience in banking
* Making presentations at Board level to secure necessary strategy/decision support for achievement of business goals.
* Preparing and presenting periodic credit review reports to Board to help the Board know the risk profile, quantitative and qualitative position/health of loan portfolio of the Bank
* Ability to work with all levels of management, and collaborate with the heads of other departments to improve the organisational effectiveness through strengthening of policies and procedures.
* Mobilisation of commitment of people on the issues of organisational concern through sensitisation by using all formal/informal communication channels (emails, staff meetings, training sessions, etc.)
* Ability to think strategically by reflecting on the mistakes and failures of self and others.
* Improving the shareholder value through good conceptual understanding of the business and issues impacting the growth and profitability of the business
* Technical and practical aptitude to acquire new/relevant knowledge and skills based on the implications of regulatory changes (like IFRS-9 and others as announced by the local regulator from time-to-time)
* Using a combination of persuasive, coercive and business relationships to influence the difficult and delinquent borrowers to minimise the chances of loans slipping into NPL category.
* Delegating work/responsibility through development and training of staff
* Participating in the local bankers meeting and other meetings with the local regulator to articulate the structural issues in the economy impacting the financial performance of the banks.
• Signature Achievements
─ Worked in various roles (including a trainer) to become an all round banker
─ As a Branch Head in State Bank of India converted a loss making branch into profit making branch by objectively assessing the profitability dynamics of the branch
─ In Exim Bank Comoros, upgraded the sticky loan accounts into Standard category (with 70% success) through restructuring of loans
─ Reduced the NPLs by 30% through cash recovery, restructuring through a combination of persuasive and coercive measures
─ Optimised the operational capabilities, through creation of systems and procedures, to ensure regular and intensive follow up of delinquent borrowers and NPL borrowers
─ Continuous review of internal credit policies and loan administration procedures and compliance with regulatory prescriptions (including IFRS-9) at all points in time
─ Put in place a loan policy based on the credit absorption capacity of the economic activities resident in the local economy.
─ Created a daily routine for the credit staff and monitored the same on daily basis to help them internalise the systems and procedures in order to address the organisational concerns in credit area
─ Enhanced business volumes through big-ticket lending to local Telecom Company, Energy Company, Petroleum Company, and profitability by regularly evaluating the competitive strengths of loan products and remittance products used by the borrowers
─ Suggesting products to the Board to enhance the fee income and other revenue streams of the Bank
─ Worked as a trainer and Research Officer in the apex training college of State Bank of India, and submitted a Consultative Paper for Second Narasimham Committee (1998) formed by RBI for Financial Sector Reforms" based on the best practices followed in other important economies of the world (through library research and internet research)
Executive Management Competencies Optimistic Forward Thinking Tough talking with strategic intent Ability to trust
Forward Thinking Persuasive communication Controlled Emotion Ability to take Action
Emotionally Sensitive Decisive yet Inclusive Strategic yet Tactical Team Building
Knowledge bank Banking Business Development Risk Mitigation
Operations Treasury Back Office operations People Management
Domain Expertise Trade Finance Collateral Management Credit Admin Loan Review System Cash Management Training of people
Concept paper writing on topics relevant to banking Loan Operations Service Delivery Credit Admin Client Onboarding Collateral Management
Interested in learning more about this Devex member?
With a Recruitment Account, you can view the full profile & CV for this member and other professionals around the world. Click here to know more!
Already a member? Just sign in.
Orjoin to message other community members on Devex.